jueves, 2 de junio de 2016

Alexander Fleming


Science is a field full of amazing people. Some people had make discoveries that had changed the world. Today I am going to write about a man whose discovery changed the way to treat lots of diseases. I will write about Alexander Fleming.

Sir Alexander Fleming was a Scottish pharmacologist, botanist and biologist who lived between 1811 and 1955. His best-known discovery was the enzyme lysozyme. He was also the first person who discovered the antibiotic power of the penicillin, a substance obtained from the mold Penicillium chrysogenum. (Funny fact: he wasn’t looking for this discovery. He could see this results after his holidays! On his own words: "When I woke up just after dawn on September 28, 1928, I certainly didn't plan to revolutionise all medicine by discovering the world's first antibiotic, or bacteria killer, but I suppose that was exactly what I did.")

Alexander Fleming won a Nobel Prize because of that last discovery. 

Why did I choose him? Because his discovery still being so important in medicine. I think that the power of antibiotics is fundamental nowadays. Alexander Fleming took the first step to a modern pharmacology and as a future pharmacologist he is one of my icons.

I hope you had enjoyed my post!

4 comentarios:

  1. Penicilin wow, Alexander Fleming was a awesome chemist , do the most important advance in the modern medicine an therapy of diseases.greetings

    ResponderBorrar
  2. who would say that he would save many lives with this discovery "accidentaly" haha

    ResponderBorrar
  3. He was a very awesome chemist, i admire him very much for his discovers, and now we really need another antibiotic :c

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I have never heard of him before I read your blog, He was a great chemist and thanks to him nowaydays many people has been saved.

    ResponderBorrar